Saturday 18 August 2012

A birthday countdown in pictures (#18)

“Margaret liked this smile;
it was the first thing she had admired in this new friend of her father's; and the opposition of character, shown in all these details of appearance she had just been noticing, seemed to explain the attraction they evidently felt towards each other.”
(From North & South by Elisabeth Gaskell)

What can I say? I know how she feels...



Images from a 2008 Promo shoot
Supplied by the Picture Gallery at www.richardarmitagenet.com



What's a birthday without a birthday present? But what do you get the man who's living his dream?
This year, consider donating to one of Richard's selected charities (Shelter, The Salvation Army, Childline and Barnardo's) - visit his
Just Giving page. Thank you!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Inge,
    RA is in skinny Lucas mode here. So all I want to do is feed him. Well ... maybe not all. Giggles!
    Another lovely series of pictures. Well done! Cheers! Grati ;->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you go all "nourish and nurture" whenever I show a skinny Lucas picture. You're so sweet! ;-)
      I'm sure he'd love it if someone really takes care of him for a change!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. ...As is your comment. Thanks for that!
      x

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful words from N&S and equally beautiful smiles to go with them! My spirits are lifted merely by looking at them! They make me want to give him a hug! I think I will have to read N&S yet again!! How I wish Naxos would ask Richard do an audio book of it for them, even though I know it has already been done by Clare Wille. That WOULD be something! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to read different part of N&S at different times, depending on the situation or my state of mind. Just the thought of Richard reading those beautiful words out loud is giving me goosebumps... *smile*

      Delete